Montpelier Rd., Devonshire
About The Arboretum
Take a peaceful walk through the meadows and woodlands of the Arboretum, a 22-acre park just a few minutes east of the City of Hamilton. The land was formerly owned by the British Army, and was turned over to the Bermuda government in 1951; its verdant groves of palms, acacia and cedar trees offer habitat to a variety of birds, including cardinals and bluebirds. The park has a handful of picnic areas, an ornamental cedar bridge and a tranquil gazebo. It’s free to visit, open from sunrise to sunset and easily accessible by bus from Hamilton.