Welcome! We’re glad you’re here
The Bermuda Tourism Authority’s goal is to develop and enhance Bermuda’s tourism industry by growing the number of visitors to the island. As part of our organizational values, we respect and embrace our differences, try to always do the right thing and are passionate about Bermuda and our visitors. We are working hard to make it easier for visitors with disabilities to experience and plan for their trip to Bermuda on GoToBermuda.com. To achieve our goal and provide engaging and effective communication to all users, our team participates in continued education for maintaining accessible user-interface best practices.
This page outlines the work we have done and continue to do to make our content available to everyone.
We are always open to feedback on your experience and comments on how we can continue to improve. Please contact us at +1 441-296-9200 or email [email protected].
We Value Digital Inclusion
In our effort to provide a fully accessible user experience for all site visitors, Bermuda Tourism Authority has partnered with third-party specialists to monitor and optimize GoToBermuda.com. Automated, programmatic scanning reviews the site’s code weekly. Any issues found during those scans are combined with barriers uncovered through manual assistive technology evaluations and queued for optimizations
Accessibility of GoToBermuda.com relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of browser and any assistive technologies installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
We recommend using the following web browser / screen reader combinations
- For Windows users: JAWS and Chrome or NVDA and Firefox
- For Mac users: VoiceOver and Chrome or VoiceOver and Safari
- For mobile users: VoiceOver for the iPhone and TalkBack for Android devices
We recommend the following shortcuts to enlarge text
- To enlarge size: Press and hold the Command key, ⌘, then +, until desired text size is reached.
- To decrease size: Press and hold the Command key, ⌘, then -, until desired text size is reached
- To return to original size: Press the Command key, ⌘, then 0, until desired text size is reached
- To enlarge size: Press and hold the Control, then +, until desired text size is reached.
- To decrease size: Press and hold the Control, then -, until desired text size is reached
- To return to original size: Press the Control, then 0, until desired text size is reached
This site has been optimized for keyboard accessibility, color contrast and screen reader compatibility. We are regularly reviewing and revising alternative text for images and titles for embedded content frames to ensure optimal usability and captioning for all videos on the site is in progress. The Bermuda Tourism Authority assesses this website on a weekly basis using the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- Programmatic site-wide scanning
- Manual code review
- Manual, experiential review using screen readers (desktop and mobile)
- Manual, experiential review using keyboard navigation (desktop only)
Limitations and alternatives
Our goal is to achieve sitewide WCAG 2.1 Level AA accessibility conformance, however there are some areas that are not accessible currently.
- Some PDFs that are available for download and intended for printing.
- Native content and images supplied by external parties. (Note: We work closely with our chosen partners to improve the accessibility and impact of their alternative text and other elements of contributed content.)
- Embedded content (iframes) from social sharing sites with crowd-sourced content.
For more information, see the Third-Party Sites section immediately below.
Across GoToBermuda.com, we utilize third-party websites such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and CrowdRiff to engage with visitors and travel planners as they are visiting or planning their trip. These sites, which are not controlled by the Bermuda Tourism Authority, may not maintain the same level of commitment to users with disabilities, thus may present access and user experience barriers. These factors are outside of our control or our ability to remedy.
Accessibility Information for the third-party organizations leveraged across this site:
- Facebook Accessibility Policy
- YouTube Accessibility Policy
- Instagram Accessibility Announcement
- Instagram Accessibility
- Twitter Accessibility
- CrowdRiff Accessibility Commitment
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. The WCAG defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Bermuda Tourism Authority's Official Tourism Site is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. "Partially conformant" means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Bermuda Tourism Authority's Official Tourism Site. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Bermuda Tourism Authority's Official Tourism Site:
- Phone: +1 441-296-9200
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor Address: 22 Church St, Hamilton, Bermuda
We aim to respond to feedback within 3-5 business days.
This statement was updated in November 2021.