Passports, Immigration & Customs
For most travellers, gaining entry into Bermuda is a breeze. Get the requirements here.
- Travel Tips
Before embarking on your island getaway, be sure you've got the three required documents: Your valid passport, round-trip ticket and Bermuda Arrival Card.
You'll need a round-trip ticket to travel to Bermuda. All visitors, including children and infants, are required to have a return or onward ticket, i.e., a round-trip ticket, or other proof of onward transportation to a country to which the passenger has right of entry.
All air travellers must complete the Bermuda Arrival Card. This card is a simple form that takes about two minutes to complete – we recommend that you fill out the digital Bermuda Arrival Card prior to travel. Once you complete the form, you’ll receive an email confirmation and present it to a border agent to expedite processing on arrival. The Bermuda Arrival Card form should be provided on your plane and is also available at the immigration desk in the airport, but filling it out in advance saves time.
As of November 2022, Covid-19 restrictions and travel authorisations are no longer needed to arrive in Bermuda. Note that if you decide to extend your trip for any reason once you’re here, you’ll need to fill out a Visitors Extension Application.
Do I Need a Passport to Enter Bermuda?
All travellers must carry with them proof of citizenship and identification, specifically a machine-readable passport, for return to their own country or for re-entry through another foreign country as required by Bermuda Immigration authorities. This applies to adults as well as children/infants travelling alone or with their parents.
Note: For visiting yachts and crew, see entry requirements for arriving by private vessel.
Note: Married women whose identification documents are in their maiden name but who are travelling under their married name should also carry their marriage certificate or certified copy as further proof of identity.
As of March 1, 2014 Bermuda entry visas and visa waivers are not required for tourist and business visitors and work permit holders.
Additional Travel Information
Yes, you need a valid passport to travel to Bermuda.
To enter Bermuda, you typically need the following documents:
1. Valid passport: Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Bermuda.
2. Visa: Depending on your nationality, you may require a visa to enter Bermuda. Check with the Bermuda Department of Immigration or the nearest Bermuda embassy or consulate to determine if you need a visa.
3. Return or onward ticket: You may be asked to provide proof of your return or onward travel plans from Bermuda.
4. Proof of accommodation: You might need to show a reservation confirmation for your accommodation in Bermuda.
5. Bermuda Arrival Card: All air passsengers and yach arrivals need to fill out the mandatory Bermuda Arrival Card.