BERMUDA AQUARIUM, MUSEUM AND ZOO
Located on the picturesque Flatts Inlet, the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo (BAMZ) puts a wild twist on the traditional event setting. Founded in 1926, BAMZ is one of the world’s oldest aquariums, home to hundreds of fish species, rescued sea turtles, harbour seals and a 145,000-gallon coral reef exhibit. The zoo features more than 300 birds, reptiles and mammals from islands around the world, while the Bermuda Natural History Museum has fascinating interactive exhibits about the island’s geology and ecology. BAMZ is a popular venue for corporate functions, cocktail parties or intimate gatherings for friends.
- The BAMZ Aquarium Hall is an extraordinary venue, with the magnificent North Rock Exhibit as a backdrop for your evening event.
- Parties can be held in the Aquarium Hall any day of the week 6:30 pm–11:30 pm. The Aquarium Hall can accommodate 100 for a sit-down dinner and 130 for cocktails. The lecture rooms are available for 30 to 100 people.
- Bonus: Add some underwater excitement to your party with BAMZ’s exclusive “Diver in the Tank” talk.
BERMUDA NATIONAL TRUST PROPERTIES
To add a touch of Bermuda’s timeless style to your event, get in touch with the Bermuda National Trust, which manages Waterville and Verdmont, two of the island’s most historic homes, both available for private functions. The buildings and grounds offer a magical ambiance and an unforgettable experience for up to 200 guests.
- Waterville – Discover an exceptional 18th century Bermuda house surrounded by lush grounds, including a gazebo and formal rose garden, is a hidden treasure on the outskirts of Hamilton. Inside, Waterville boasts an drawing room complete with crackling fireplace, perfect for intimate gatherings of up to 30 people.
- Verdmont – A 300-year-old mansion perched at the top of Collector's Hill in Smith's parish, Verdmont offers spectacular views of the South Shore. With two adjoining rooms, the historic home provides a unique historic setting for chamber music concerts or specialized talks: maximum of 60 people.
- Bonus: A guide can be made available for tours of the Trust property during your function.
THE BERMUDA NATIONAL GALLERY
Few things are more elegant than an evening reception at the Bermuda National Gallery. Located inside Hamilton City Hall, it houses an array of outstanding 20th-century art as well as works by Bermudian creators. The museum can accommodate up to 200 guests, and gallery spaces can be customised with bar tables, chairs, a podium and a screen for presentations; organisers can also have their own items delivered to the museum. Food and beverage service can be arranged through various island caterers (ask the museum staff for recommendations and preferences).
ROYAL NAVAL DOCKYARD
Beautiful, historic and expansive spaces make the Royal Naval Dockyard one of the most exciting venues for both indoor and outdoor events. Built in the early 19th century, it was once Britain’s largest naval base outside the United Kingdom. Today, it features beautifully restored buildings, surrounded by sparkling crystal-clear waters at the western tip of the island.
- Located directly beside the Clocktower Mall, the North Lawn is a large outdoor space with all the necessary amenities to make your next event a success! For even more event space, Clocktower Parade and the Northrock Fountain Parking Lot can be .
- Moresby Plain is a large open field that can serve as a completely blank canvas for any event or can offer additional parking space.
- Originally used as the home of the 35th America's Cup Event Village, Cross Island can now be the venue of your music festival, grand prix or event village.
- The Shed offers a great deal of indoor space that can be customized to suit all of your event needs, whether it be a corporate seminar to a large scale indoor concert.
- With its colonial-era ramparts, soaring vaulted ceilings and walls adorned with priceless shipwreck artefacts, the National Museum of Bermuda offers a distinguished setting for meetings and corporate events. At the historic Commissioner’s House, you can book individual meeting rooms or the entire property. The Queen’s Exhibition Hall is ideal for cocktails or seated dinners, while the outdoor parade ground can accommodate more than 2,000 people for large, tented events.
BERMUDA UNDERWATER EXPLORATION INSTITUTE
Conveniently located in the City of Hamilton, the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute makes a memorable setting for business meetings, retreats, luncheons and more. BUEI houses artefacts and interactive exhibits that promote an understanding of our oceans, including treasures found in shipwrecks, a simulated shark cage dive and much more. The BUEI houses a variety of meeting spaces complete with state-of-the-art equipment, a 148-seat theatre, two boardrooms, two large lobbies, comfortable lounges and a full-service waterside restaurant and café.
- The Main Lobby, with its sparkling terrazzo floors and suspended giant-squid replica, is ideal for cocktail receptions.
- The Tradewinds Theatre has a large screen, audio-visual system and DVD/Blu-ray capabilities for presentations, workshops and lectures.
- Host a lunch or dinner at Harbourfront Restaurant, offering sushi and tempura bars and unrivalled views of Hamilton Harbour.
Just steps away from a beautiful beach in Sandys Parish near Somerset Village, the eight-acre Willowbank Resort delivers an exceptional event venue for both international and local guests. The resort is home to 200-seat conference centre, with two break-out meeting rooms, and can easily be customized to facilitate conferences, banquets, weddings, receptions, concerts and more. After the event is done, guests can enjoy an energizing workout at the Fitness Center, where they’ll find treadmills, steppers, elliptical trainers and more. Afterwards, they can cool down in the pool or sooth their muscles in the sauna.
THE UNFINISHED CHURCH
The evocative Unfinished Church in St. George’s looks like it came right out of a fairy tale. Almost 150 years ago, it was envisioned as a grand gothic church. But construction was eventually abandoned due to funding problems and a damaging storm. Today, its unfinished state is positively breathtaking, with soaring stone arches, a grassy floor, and only Bermuda’s blue sky for a roof. There’s no place on earth quite like it – and that’s one reason why the Unfinished Church become such a popular spot for open-air Bermuda weddings.
THE REEFS RESORT & CLUB
An oceanfront retreat in Southampton Parish, The Reefs is a sanctuary renowned for its flawless attention to detail, exceptional cuisine and breathtaking natural beauty. Located atop limestone cliffs above a private beach of soft pink sand, The Reefs boasts some of the most dramatic views in all of Bermuda. The resort’s flexible meeting and event spaces make The Reefs an ideal destination for corporate meetings, group incentive trips, intimate gatherings and everything in between.
FORT ST. CATHERINE
Located on the northeastern tip of St. George’s parish, Bermuda’s largest fortress towers above a picture-perfect pink-sand beach and Achilles Bay’s sparkling turquoise waters. Fort St. Catherine’s history stretched back almost to the island’s beginnings – it was constructed in 1614 (though it’s been added to and expanded over the centuries, of course). Unforgettable events can be hosted in various spaces around the circa-1609-edifice, including on the ramparts overlooking the ocean.
The lush gardens and historic stone ramparts of the well-preserved Victorian-era Fort Hamilton make it an otherworldly landscape for an event or wedding. Built by the British in 1870, the fort is now a public park offering panoramic views of Hamilton Harbour – which it once protected from attack. The perfectly manicured upper lawns can accommodate up to 500 guests.