Launching in 2024
AnchorBDA was created by the Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) to establish our own industry-recognised designation to empower residents. This designation is a complete suite of certified courses for the hospitality and tourism industry that will:
- Enhance participants’ in-depth knowledge of the industry
- Ensure consistent service standards island wide
- Ensure Bermuda remains competitive in a global market
- Empower specialists with the tools to deliver an exemplary customer service experience
Become an AnchorBDA Specialist
AnchorBDA has been designed for all residents to become ambassadors for Bermuda. An 'all-hands-on-deck' approach is imperative to move our island forward and create impactful, long-lasting change in the hospitality and tourism industry.
City & Guilds Assured Recognition
The Bermuda Tourism Authority has achieved City & Guilds Assured quality mark for the AnchorBDA Programme.
What does this mean?
- A City & Guilds Assured programme offers external validation from a trusted global brand, providing a mark of learning quality and credibility.
- An ‘Assured’ status is only awarded to programmes that meet City & Guilds strict benchmark standards, demonstrating commitment to quality training.
- On successful completion of the programme, candidates will receive a certificate and a co-branded digital credential/badge to showcase they have acquired the knowledge and skills essential to working Bermuda’s hospitality and tourism industry.
The Bermuda Tourism Authority developed the Bermuda Hospitality Service Standards Certification to support businesses in providing quality services, improving competitive advantage, and creating value within our island.
BTA+ is a subsidiary online learning platform for the Bermuda Tourism Authority that delivers industry-related training and educational lessons to inspire individuals, businesses, and partners with the purpose of strengthening our island’s reputation as a destination of choice.
If you’re curious about Bermuda Tourism and what Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) does to promote Bermuda, our Lunch and Learn sessions are perfect for you. Over the course of 2023 BTA will offer several sessions that will give you insight into various topics and equip you with the knowledge you need to tackle Bermuda’s tourism industry.