Requirements for Filming in Bermuda
Planning for a film/video production or a photo shoot in Bermuda includes a few important steps in order to meet the requirements of Bermuda Customs and Immigration, and Bermuda laws and regulations. The Bermuda Tourism Authority is ready to assist in this process.
Please note that in order to secure a work permit and customs clearance for any equipment, the following steps should be completed at least 25 business* days prior to arrival on the island.
Applications should be compiled and submitted through our online platform here. The following information will be required to complete the application:
- Bermuda law requires non-Bermudian production companies to engage a local Bermudian agent or production company.
- Submission of detailed information to the Bermuda Department of Immigration for the processing of Work Permits. The information required includes:
- Names of each person travelling to Bermuda as written in passport
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Passport number
- Job Title
- Job Function
- Arrival and departure information (dates, flight #s, times)
- Local accommodations
- Colour copy of each traveller's passport
- Passport expiration
- Completed immigration details spreadsheet
3. Submission of a detailed list of equipment and materials being shipped to Bermuda for the project to Bermuda Customs. The information required includes:
- Type of equipment
- Model #
- Serial #
- Purpose / use
- Guarantee of export
- Completed spreadsheet - Custom Details - submitted to contact
*Please note that Immigration needs at least 14 business days to process the application once it has been received.
Assistance is available from the Bermuda Tourism Authority. Please contact:
Bermuda Tourism Authority
22 Church Street
Phone: +1 (441) 296-9200
Email: [email protected]