There are untold experiences to be had in Bermuda. A few highlights include:
- Taste the Island’s Flavours Eat and drink like a local, stopping at a number of beloved restaurants on a guided Bermuda Food Tour.
- Perfume Making Studio Workshop – Learn the art of perfumery and create your own customized scent with Master Perfumer Isabelle Ramsay-Brackstone. This four-hour workshop at the Bermuda Perfumery will completely change the way you experience fragrances.
- Tee Time With more golf courses per capita than anywhere else in the world, the island is a golfer’s paradise with ideal weather and dramatic oceanfront fairways.
- Journey Through Shipping History Learn the story of the famous Bermuda rig and pilot James “Jemmy” Darrell at the National Museum of Bermuda.
Zip Across the Water on a Kite Board
Are you ready to try something new? Kite Surfing (also known as kite boarding) is one of the ultimate on-the-water experiences in Bermuda. The winds are just right in winter for this thrilling activity, where you use a steerable kite to zip across the water on a board.
Learn to Scuba Dive
Beneath Bermuda’s waves, you’ll find ghostly shipwrecks, abundant marine life and colourful coral reefs. Not experienced in the art of scuba? Check out Bermuda Scuba’s beginner’s courses, where you learn the basics in the shallows – with a wetsuit in winter, the water’s just fine. Pretty soon, you’ll be diving for buried treasure.
While much of the east coast is bundled up, winter is a great time to explore the great outdoors in Bermuda.
- Hidden Gems Winter Excursion – Take a journey into Bermuda’s one and only jungle for amazing caving explorations. On this guided excursion from Hidden Gems, you’ll put on your hardhats descend into breathtaking stalactite caverns. Then travel across the island to a vast estate filled with garden pools, limestone quarries and the island's largest banyan tree grove.
- Bermuda’s Eco Adventure by Longtail Tours – Discover the most beautiful places in Bermuda on a guided trip from Longtail Tours through the varied landscapes of Spittal Pond Nature Reserve, Cooper’s Island and Tom Moore’s Jungle. You’ll encounter a variety of wildlife, uncover fascinating Bermuda history – and of course, see some truly unforgettable sights.
Say Hello to the Humpbacks
Every year around February, something magical happens in Bermuda – the humpbacks return to the island’s waters. These magnificent, 40-ton mammals visit Bermuda on their annual northern migration. You can spot whales breaching from various vantage points on shore, but the best way to experience humpbacks is to head for the open seas on a whale-watching trip. Check out your options.
Take Your Four-Legged Friend For A Pink-Sand Walk
Don’t leave Fido at home! Between October and May, you and your best friend can go for your daily walk in one of the most spectacular settings in the world – a pink-sand Bermuda beach. Take note, however: you do have to keep your dog on a leash. Looking for other activities to do with your pet? Check out our ultimate guide on Travelling With Pets to Bermuda.
Taste Some Spiny Lobster
Unlike its distant relative, the Maine lobster, spiny lobsters (also known as rock lobsters) have a harder (and spinier!) shell and don't have claws. But one thing the spiny lobster does have in common with the Maine lobster is that it is utterly delicious. Each year from September through March, Bermuda’s restaurants offer up this island delicacy to hungry visitors and locals. If you’re here in the winter, it’s a must-try.
Immerse Yourself in Cultural Events
- Bermuda Restaurant Weeks – Explore a world of diverse culinary offerings and take advantage of a variety of prix fixe menus at different price points.
- Bermuda Triangle Challenge Marathon Weekend – The annual Bermuda Triangle Challenge Marathon Weekend is just right for the active-minded traveler – three days of events, each with a truly spectacular backdrop.
- Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts – The Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts returns every January through March, bringing to the island world-renowned performers who thrill audiences over and over again.