The island's “Hurricane Guarantee” takes the worry out of booking so you can look forward to your vacation and enjoy every minute while you're here.
Hurricane Guarantee Terms & Conditions
- “Member Hotels” – These are the Bermuda Hotel Association hotel members participating in this programme. In 2019, the participating members are: Coco Reef Resort, Elbow Beach Bermuda, Fairmont Southampton Hotel, Fourways Inn, Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Tennis Club, Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa, Rosedon Hotel, Royal Palms Hotel, St. Georges Club (member hotels are also listed below alongside the map)
- “Guest” – Guest staying at member hotels; excludes guests under a group booking
- “Hurricane” – Storm being classified as a hurricane category force storm i.e.
- Category 1 (74-95mph winds)
- Category 2 (96 -110mph winds)
- Category 3 (111-130mph winds)
- Category 4 (131 -155mph winds)
- “Bermuda Weather Service” – This is operated by CI² Aviation Services
- “Basic Services” – To be determined by member hotel management. The following non-exhaustive list will not be categorized as "basic services": use of beach; where a generator is being used in place of regular electricity; renting of any vehicle or equipment; use of any sports or leisure facilities; participation in any tours.
- In the event that a hurricane is predicted by the Bermuda Weather Service to approach within 150 miles of Bermuda and within 3 days, the guest will be permitted to cancel their reservations without penalty. Deposits can be refunded or applied to any future booking if the guest is unable to recover the same under travel insurance (a copy of the guest’s travel insurance may be requested by member hotel management). Group booking cancellations will be handled on an individual basis in accordance with the group contract.
- In the event that a member hotel is not able to continue its operations due to damage incurred by a hurricane (as determined by the Bermuda Weather Service), the member hotel will invite the guest to return for a complimentary stay within one year from the reopening of the member hotel.
- Restrictions: The replacement stay must be taken within one year from the reopening of the member hotel and will be in an equivalent room category to the one originally booked, and will be subject to certain blackout dates and availability. This offer is subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Other expenses including, but not limited to, airfares, F&B, incidental room charges are not included or covered by this guarantee.
Please see your contract clause on hurricane cancellations.
Revised May 31, 2019