Bermuda’s Official Travel Resource
Aerial View of St. James' Church

About

Completed in 1789 and built from Bermuda limestone, St. James’ Church strikes an imposing figure on Somerset Road in Sandys Parish. It was constructed to replace a wooden church that was destroyed by a hurricane on the same site in 1780. The iron entrance gates were added in 1872, and the church’s spire was designed in 1880 by Henry Hinson, a local physician with a passion for architecture. Take a stroll through the adjacent graveyard, which looks over the Atlantic Ocean.
Aerial View of St. James' Church

Location Map