Bermuda Boasts Reliable Wi Fi Across The Island
- Beyond the Beach,
- People & Culture
Reliable WiFi & Connectivity
Remote workers looking for connectivity – speed, seamless coverage and a solid WiFi connection – will find it all in Bermuda. The island has the fastest “true” Fibre offering of any other country across the Caribbean and is connected by 3 subsea cable systems. Bermuda’s connectivity up to 500Mbps speeds, and available WiFi mesh technology, in particular, allows for 'all over' coverage so there is no worry about spotty service.
Digicel has the unique capability to offer speeds of 500Mbps that has been tried and tested, and is the only provider on-island that offers a Fibre right to the home versus stopping at the curb. They also have Mesh setup for clients to push the Fibre Speed throughout the house. Install timeframes are 3 to 5 days from order raised. The Digicel Network is made up of:
- 3 undersea connections (NJ, MIA, NY) and doubled down undersea capacity with a new line up and on-island caching to increase streaming throughputs
- 5 physical exchange sites across the island providing FTTx availability to 96% of the population, covering a majority of dwellings across Bermuda
- Across island LTE coverage; coverage has an uptime of 99.8% (data speeds vary depending on device)
- Proven network – A range of superyachts in Bermuda are currently using Mifi devices and LTE to stream to their guests on the boat; it's fast to deploy and fixed price unlimited LTE internet
BERMUDA’S CONNECTIVITY UP TO 500MBPS SPEEDS ALLOWS FOR 'ALL OVER' COVERAGE so there is no worry about spotty service.
(One) is Bermuda’s largest telecommunications provider offering a wide range of communication-based solutions. One offers Fibre Internet speeds up to 500Mbps and, as an exclusive partner of mesh WiFi leader, eero, provides guaranteed WiFi coverage with OneHome WiFi. It’s the only telecommunications provider in Bermuda to own and control all aspects of their internet and voice solutions including local access services and an international subsea cable system.
- One-stop shop for Smart Internet, Mobile, TV, and Home Phone services
- OneHome WiFi – a state of the art WiFi mesh system, powered by eero, guaranteed to provide seamless WiFi coverage throughout the home
- All internet plans include smart features such as parental control, network and device management, profiles and automatic speed tests
- Self-installation and curbside pickup options available. Priority home installation by a highly trained technician also available
- 4G LTE Advanced Mobile network (depending on device and location)
- Wide range of mobile and internet plans and bundles to meet specific needs
- The highest customer satisfaction rates for mobile and internet services out of all leading providers on Island
TeleBermuda International (TBI)
TeleBermuda International Limited (TBi) is a Bermuda-based “Class-A” carrier of competitive international long-distance voice, data, internet, and co-location hosting services. Since 1997, TBi has proudly provided diverse, affordable, high-quality telecommunication products and service to the Bermuda market.
- TBi’s high-capacity, sub-sea network is configured as a bi-directional, self-healing ring. This design provides all TBi’s customers with complete network redundancy and high-speed, high-quality voice, network access, internet, and managed IT services between Bermuda, its international points-of-presence, and its internet access partners.
- TBi is the proud owner of Bluewave, Bermuda’s first wireless internet provider. Bluewave leverages the latest Wi-Fi technology to provide high-speed local and international internet. By harnessing cutting-edge technology, Bluewave delivers world-class internet service while providing value for Bermudian’s hard-earned dollar.
- TBi installed the first WiFi network in February 2012 throughout the Dockyard area; since then, the WiFi Hotspots have grown to include The City of Hamilton, St. George’s, and dozens of other additional hotspots around the island being branded the WiFiZone.