Amp Up Your Girlfriend Getaway With These Weekend Ideas
Looking for a girls getaway with a little more kick? Bermuda is the perfect place to step out of your comfort zone and try something new; all while your best buddies are by your side! Whether it's jet-skiing, scuba diving, or reminiscing over high tea, the island offers plenty of ways to take part in something new together. Make a pact with your girlfriends to try something different in Bermuda and leave feeling closer than ever!
- Friend Getaways,
- Travel Tips
EXPLORE UNDERGROUND WONDERS
Get your crew together for a trip to Crystal Caves, an ancient cave system discovered decades ago by two boys looking for a cricket ball. You’ll want to check out Fantasy Cave too, with its dramatic mineral deposits that look like waterfalls frozen in time. For a relaxing take on cave exploration, book a girls spa session at the Grotto Bay Beach Resort’s Natura Spa. It offers massages and other treatments in an otherworldly zone of shimmering, ocean-fed lakes and candlelight.
LEARN TO SCUBA DIVE
Bermuda’s clear turquoise waters beg for scuba adventures. Beneath the surface, you’ll find abundant marine life and colourful coral reefs to explore. As the shipwreck capital of the Atlantic, Bermuda’s waters also serve as the final resting place for many sunken vessels. Not quite ready to dive in? Check out Bermuda Scuba’s beginner’s courses, where you and your crew can learn the basics in shallow water.
While Bermuda’s not short on activity, we do relaxation well too. Whether you’re sinking your toes into the pink sand on Horseshoe Bay Beach (one of USA Today’s 10 Best Caribbean Beaches), strolling the quaint streets of the Town of St. George or enjoying a refreshing spa treatment, the island makes it easy to shift to slow speed. Get your besties together for a day of wandering with no schedule and leave feeling relaxed and refreshed.
ZOOM AROUND ON A JET SKI
There’s nothing quite like zipping across Bermuda’s turquoise waters on a jet ski. Not only is it an exhilarating, beautiful ride, but you can easily reach otherwise-hard-to-get-to spots like secluded beaches, hidden coves, stunning coral reefs, and even shipwrecks. Grab your girl crew and learn how to handle a jet ski with a pre-ride lesson at KS Watersports, Sea Venture Watersports or BDA Watersports. The experienced instructors will have you and your friends ready for aquatic adventures in a flash. Insider Tip: The more you gas the throttle, the more likely you're going to get splashed.
SIP TEA THE TRADITIONAL WAY
There’s no better way to reminisce and make new memories with your friends than over afternoon tea. A nod to Bermuda’s English heritage, we recommend going all out for this traditional occasion. Put on your finest clothes (hats encouraged!) and enjoy fresh-brewed tea, scones and sandwiches at such spots as Sweet P’s High Tea at the Bermuda Perfumery and the Crown & Anchor at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club.
ELEVATE YOUR GOLF GAME
Hit the green while overlooking the deep blue sea. Bermuda's skilled golf pros can help you and your girlfriends enjoy the island’s world-class courses, where the fairways are complemented by cliffside ocean views. It’s not all just eye candy: Bermuda has hosted several prestigious tournaments, including the PGA Grand Slam at the stunning (and challenging) Port Royal Golf Course. A lesson in the morning will have you swinging like a pro by afternoon.
1. Beach Day: Spend a day at one of Bermuda's stunning pink sand beaches, such as Horseshoe Bay or Elbow Beach. Relax, soak up the sun, and enjoy the crystal-clear turquoise waters.
2. Spa Retreat: Treat yourselves to a luxurious spa day at one of Bermuda's world-class spas. Indulge in massages, facials, and other pampering treatments to rejuvenate and unwind.
3. Shopping in Hamilton: Explore the charming streets of Hamilton, Bermuda's capital, and indulge in some retail therapy. Discover unique boutiques, art galleries, and local crafts shops.
4. Cocktails and Sunset Cruise: Embark on a sunset cruise around Bermuda's coastline while sipping on delicious cocktails. Enjoy breathtaking views, lively music, and a festive atmosphere.
5. Explore Crystal Caves: Visit the Crystal Caves, a natural wonder filled with stunning stalactites and crystal-clear underground pools. Take a guided tour and learn about the fascinating geological formations.
1. Explore Hamilton: Take a stroll through the capital city of Bermuda, Hamilton. Browse the local shops, visit the Bermuda National Gallery, and enjoy a meal at one of the many affordable restaurants in the area.
2. Visit the Royal Naval Dockyard: Explore the historic Royal Naval Dockyard, which offers free admission. Visit the National Museum of Bermuda, enjoy the views from the ramparts, and browse the local shops and craft markets.
3. Take a Hike: Bermuda offers several scenic hiking trails, such as the Railway Trail or the Cooper's Island Nature Reserve. Lace up your hiking shoes and enjoy the natural beauty of the island.