Interested in a career with the BTA?
We seek to attract and retain the highest calibre employees who have a passion for Bermuda, Bermuda Tourism and working as a team in a fun, energetic, collaborative workplace. Our team members are dedicated to achieving tangible results that move the Bermuda tourism industry forward. In return, we offer a competitive compensation structure and benefits plan which aligns employee performance with the BTA’s business strategies and rewards employees who demonstrate superior results.
If you are passionate about the Bermuda brand and want to create raving fans for the Island, this may be the opportunity you have been searching for!
The Bermuda Tourism Authority is seeking a Director PR & Content Development in the New York Office.
This position reports to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer and is responsible for management of BTA global public relations efforts and the content it delivers, while ensuring brand message is consistent and timely.
Duties and responsibilities are varied and include:
- Day to day content development management of all necessary agency partners, contractors, staff and systems
- Ensuring communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision with a keen understanding of the BTA mission, vision and goals and the National Tourism Plan, including key initiatives, quick wins and timelines
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of overall public relations strategy for the organization including:
- Proactive pitching and reactive response for off-island media, focused primarily on travel and entertainment press along with niche interests
- Development of overall strategy for international media in coordination with CSMO and international representation
- Overseeing creation of domestic and international familiarization (FAM) trips, to be executed by on-island Public Relations Project Manager
- Overseeing the maintenance of global and trade media lists and tracking databases
- Acting as BTA representative for travel writers organizations such as Society for American Travel Writers (SATW) and Travel Bloggers Exchanges (TBEX); pitches story ideas and fulfills requests from writers as well as attending related conferences
- Spokesperson on and off camera as needed
- Developing and overseeing BTA’s strategy for interactive content and social media programme, including goals, channels, engagement strategies and measurement, including developing a functional content calendar
- Directing brand-focused events and activation with the assistance of a Brand Events Manager
- Researching, writing and editing content including press releases, speeches/speaking points, video copy and scripts, bid books, newsletters and other assigned projects
- Collaborating with marketing to leverage advertising, marketing and promotion plans.
- Working with President/CEO, CSMO and Director of Stakeholder Engagement as needed for Issue management and crisis communication planning
- Represent the BTA professionally at company and client sponsored events.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with BTA partners and stakeholders
- Perform other related duties, special projects and assignments as required
Requirements for this opportunity are:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Communications or related field preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years public relations, media relations, editorial, journalism, and/or content experience, including extensive work in the travel and/or tourism industry
- Professional public/media relations capacity; solid understanding and experience in the development and management of relationships across all levels of press
- Excellent and established relationships with travel and lifestyle media
- Knowledge of Bermuda and ability to confidently promote the island
- Understand formats that effectively communicate a unified overall narrative that drives visitors/audiences through the decision making/purchase cycle
- Team player, able to work with global cross-functional teams; independent work style, demonstrates initiative
- High energy with the ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong writing, proof reading and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and be capable of communicating in a professional manner with a diverse range of individuals
- Efficient and proven organizational skills; detail oriented; proven problem analysis and resolution skills; exceptional analytical skills.
- Proficient technology application skills: Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access), MS Outlook, major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a regular basis; reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive
- Ability to travel
- Proven effective negotiating and persuasion abilities
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, must be able to work effectively at board level internally and with external client companies
- Demonstrated ability to convey a sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect
Send your details to [email protected], no later than November 29, 2017