Our island's buses are frequent, plentiful and service most areas of interest. You cannot miss them, as they are painted pink with blue stripes.
With 11 bus routes and 14 bus zones, each one covering about 2MI / 3.2KM, we have the entire island covered. Most buses leave from the Central Terminal on Washington Street, next to our City Hall in Hamilton.
- Bus passengers must have exact change in coins. Ask about bus tokens or books of bus tickets at your hotel or the bus terminal
- During the morning and evening commute, our buses are packed with locals. It is best to plan your trip during a less busy time of day
- To find a bus stop, look for a pole with a pink top (for rides inbound to Hamilton), or a blue top (for rides outbound of Hamilton)
- For a complete bus schedule, please click here.
Island Transportation Pass
If you do not want to fuss with exact change, take advantage of the Transportation Pass, available for one, three and seven days of unlimited use on our buses and ferries. Passes are sold at the Central Terminal, the Visitors' Service Bureau in Hamilton and at other authorised outlets.
Along with getting you to your destination, many taxi drivers are excellent tour guides, eager to share stories behind our landmarks and customs...just ask.
Taxis can usually be found outside our larger hotels, near the airport or on the streets of the City of Hamilton, the Town of St. George or the Royal Naval Dockyard. Raise your hand to hail one, and off you go!
- All taxis are metered at government-set rates
- Current taxi fares are US$6.40 for the first mile for 1 - 4 passenger taxi and US$2.25 each additional mile, or US$8.00 for the first mile for 5 - 6 passenger taxi and US$2.80 for each additional mile, for travel between 6:00 a.m. and midnight.
- Fares are 25 percent higher for 1 - 4 passenger taxi and 50 percent higher for 5 - 6 passenger taxi between midnight and 6:00 a.m., all day on Sunday and on public holidays
- The sightseeing rate for this service is US$40.00/hour for 1 - 4 passenger taxi, or US$55.50 for 5 - 6 passenger taxi.