Bermuda was unaffected by the recent storms. See how we’re helping the islands to our south. »
Bermuda’s Official Travel Resource Book Now
St. George's & the East End

Burnt Point Fort

About

See the ruins of one of Bermuda’s oldest forts, located on St. George’s Island in Ferry Reach. Burnt Point Fort was built in 1688 to defend the western approach to St. George's Harbour and prevent illegal sea trading by Bermudian sailors. The fort once had five cannons, though today little more than the foundation remains. Burnt Point Fort is part of the UNESCO World Heritage site that includes the historic Town of St. George, and it can be visited along with the nearby Ferry Island Fort, Ferry Reach Magazine and Martello Tower.

Location Map